When you become a mom you prepare yourself for the job of wearing multiples hats but referee is one that you probably don’t want to wear.
Sure we have our days but when you’re bonded with sibling love they will naturally find themselves in a better stance …. yet always side by side.
Photo credits to photographers @Perelaphotography
We took some time to think about whether or not a warmer climate vacation would be good for our family. After making an deep intuitive decision in addition to all of the possibilities with the Zika virus (especially while entering my second trimester ) Lancaster, Hershey PA was a perfect pick.
We added a bit of history along with amusement park fun to this memorable weekend.
Recommended Top selections for visiting these locations:
1. Amuse the children by taking them on the major road in Amish town to see horse and Buggy drive around…(our most amusing was spotting them parked by the outlet mall shopping).
2. During chilly weather conditions the double tree resort is a perfect hotel choice ( honestly not advertising). Al of the kiddies love to swim or else it wouldn’t be a vacay?!
3. Hershey park: roller coasters are top choice for these 5 year olds. Especially if their heights are at the point of Reese’s. (you have to check out the fun height chart check). This helped the girls choose rides independently.
4. The Hershey history ride wasy top choice because it was the only one this pregnant mama could enjoy.
5. Also inside chocolate world : th create your own chocolate experience is all kinds of fun with great photo opps for the kiddies to look back on.
These activities can be enjoyed during the summer as well… We just may return This YEAR!
cooking is a necessity, baking is a luxurious talent but having fun is
“Apple pie Amamood”
Pillbury graham cookie crust
8 peeled and sliced apples
Apple crisp mixture (oats, sugar)
5 tbs of butter
Oven at 375 for 25 minutes
Add delicious ice cream and lots of sibling love!
Sharing this video of V&K baking their first apple crisp pie!
What are distractions? Those things or situations that occur which keep us from completing our to do list. Or how about that life long plan you have TO TRY something new, start a new journey or take a trip that seems to be stopped by someone special or a job.
Can it be that We never take the time to acknowledge that these slight interruptions are in fact distractions. As an adult perhaps we forget but I’m pretty sure children all a cross the world are reminded when gazing offi n class that they’re being distracted….( It’s a number 1 teacher’s favorite). Any how with sticking to the topic; I’d like to share 3 lessons I’ve learned to help me understand and handle deadlines and surprise happening or behaviors in order to get the job done.
We recently shared our grandest addition which will arrive this summer. It hit me with such shock in the middle of a busy work schedule which included appearances, deadlines and freelance work with others, yet took me back to a place that I was in 6 years ago. A place where doubt had set in on the chance of ever having children and then V&K were here! BUT remember the dying desperation, asking and prayin… Those days and nights of long talks were not falling on deaf ears. The response was given yet when lease expected.
1. That number one rule to remember what you have asked for over and over again will receive a response; and usually after you’ve shown and proven that you can handle it. (Note: maybe a time when you’re overwhelmed).
2. Creating a deadline for yourself regarding work for others and yourselves is key. BUT the topper is allowing yourself enough time with your tasks that in between your work for others you can take a breather to visit your project. This allows you to remember your creative goals as well.
3. Take an organizational brake to manage your thoughts and connect with your team. It can be a partner, mentor, spouse or whom ever provides tha creative energy that allows you to help each other grow.
I’d like to share some of the creative outlets we’ve gained by following rule number 1. This barn yard entry way to embrace the upcoming nursery.
Along with a collaborative shoot to embrace our TwinDollicious message of sibling love with new Spring/Summer release design of double the hearts. Perhaps with an infant design surprise.
Remember to take minute to think when hit with those small signs of distractions (ex:the black cat crossing)
PS if you’d like for us to share more on these topics comment below . MORE TO COME
As much a sweeping like to say that the past few weeks have been wake up, drink coffee (for mom), work on the beach it hasn’t. Thankfully we do have a good amount of weeks left for our “Beach Please” mode. But, this Summer has been marked as our reach out and touch more TwinDollicious friends Summer!
Our team goals are to be apart of our community, NOT to attend camp 😉😉 and reach families that enjoy sibling love, friendship and joy of fashionable keepsake clothing like our own. We have teamed up with great photographers, childrens magazines, vendor events and runway show organizers, all while making new friends. We will be happily sharing these collaborations with links to our social media for future events; if it’s of interest to you or someone you know (it’s great to help a friend) please contact or connect with us with any questions, or comment below.
To share the magazine collaboration that is available on magcloud check out the photos below:
V & K’s Valentine will be Taking them out on the town, so they’re on a hunt for the perfect gift for him (DAD)!
And, while they’re at it what shall they wear?
~Here are some of our love inspired and personal favorites
Some of the best moments in life are created in school. We meet great friends, experience our days as individuals finding our comforts, style and handling daily situations independently. This is why in school Author visit events are the most meaningful to me. When standing in front of 84 prek and kindergarten children it clearly feels like you’re given 45 minutes of their time to make the best impression of how important they are to you // as you are to them. The main focus while sharing stories from the TwinDollicious series is on embracing individuality, confidence and the meaningful important of great relationships with friends and siblings. After every visit; my wishes are that the impact has been made, because they are the future.