Slow down summer! Though it has been 3 plus weeks since school ended, just the thought of packing away our summer styles and prepping for the cold scares the hee bee gee bees out of me.
We’ve been taking it as slow as we can between summer camp and our weekend getaways we are soaking up all of the sun we can to fulfill our vitamin D needs.
With 3 kids in tow we planned to visit some historical sites within driving distance. An 8-10 hour drive may sound like much but we’ve survived 16; now that’s serious. We chose Saratoga/Lake George as our first weekend getaway. We usually visit Martha’sVineyard but decided to go with a group of our family members and learn about upstate NY. The kids couldn’t get enough of the horses at Bennington Farms, Martha’s Creme for ice cream, Congress park’s Carousel, of course the lake and did I mention the ice cream 🍦.
As if that adventure wasnt enough we were brave enough to do it again….and many more times to come of course. But, traveling down south to VA to visit family was both nostalgic and educational once again.
We stopped at chincoteague beach where the wild horses run and the famous story of misty originated. The kiddies enjoyed one beautiful horse after another with an added touch of beach of course. We enjoyed our stay at a quaint Refuge Inn…. super kid friendly; just what we like!
When you become a mom you prepare yourself for the job of wearing multiples hats but referee is one that you probably don’t want to wear.
Sure we have our days but when you’re bonded with sibling love they will naturally find themselves in a better stance …. yet always side by side.
Photo credits to photographers @Perelaphotography
We took some time to think about whether or not a warmer climate vacation would be good for our family. After making an deep intuitive decision in addition to all of the possibilities with the Zika virus (especially while entering my second trimester ) Lancaster, Hershey PA was a perfect pick.
We added a bit of history along with amusement park fun to this memorable weekend.
Recommended Top selections for visiting these locations:
1. Amuse the children by taking them on the major road in Amish town to see horse and Buggy drive around…(our most amusing was spotting them parked by the outlet mall shopping).
2. During chilly weather conditions the double tree resort is a perfect hotel choice ( honestly not advertising). Al of the kiddies love to swim or else it wouldn’t be a vacay?!
3. Hershey park: roller coasters are top choice for these 5 year olds. Especially if their heights are at the point of Reese’s. (you have to check out the fun height chart check). This helped the girls choose rides independently.
4. The Hershey history ride wasy top choice because it was the only one this pregnant mama could enjoy.
5. Also inside chocolate world : th create your own chocolate experience is all kinds of fun with great photo opps for the kiddies to look back on.
These activities can be enjoyed during the summer as well… We just may return This YEAR!
cooking is a necessity, baking is a luxurious talent but having fun is
“Apple pie Amamood”
Pillbury graham cookie crust
8 peeled and sliced apples
Apple crisp mixture (oats, sugar)
5 tbs of butter
Oven at 375 for 25 minutes
Add delicious ice cream and lots of sibling love!
Sharing this video of V&K baking their first apple crisp pie!
What are distractions? Those things or situations that occur which keep us from completing our to do list. Or how about that life long plan you have TO TRY something new, start a new journey or take a trip that seems to be stopped by someone special or a job.
Can it be that We never take the time to acknowledge that these slight interruptions are in fact distractions. As an adult perhaps we forget but I’m pretty sure children all a cross the world are reminded when gazing offi n class that they’re being distracted….( It’s a number 1 teacher’s favorite). Any how with sticking to the topic; I’d like to share 3 lessons I’ve learned to help me understand and handle deadlines and surprise happening or behaviors in order to get the job done.
We recently shared our grandest addition which will arrive this summer. It hit me with such shock in the middle of a busy work schedule which included appearances, deadlines and freelance work with others, yet took me back to a place that I was in 6 years ago. A place where doubt had set in on the chance of ever having children and then V&K were here! BUT remember the dying desperation, asking and prayin… Those days and nights of long talks were not falling on deaf ears. The response was given yet when lease expected.
1. That number one rule to remember what you have asked for over and over again will receive a response; and usually after you’ve shown and proven that you can handle it. (Note: maybe a time when you’re overwhelmed).
2. Creating a deadline for yourself regarding work for others and yourselves is key. BUT the topper is allowing yourself enough time with your tasks that in between your work for others you can take a breather to visit your project. This allows you to remember your creative goals as well.
3. Take an organizational brake to manage your thoughts and connect with your team. It can be a partner, mentor, spouse or whom ever provides tha creative energy that allows you to help each other grow.
I’d like to share some of the creative outlets we’ve gained by following rule number 1. This barn yard entry way to embrace the upcoming nursery.
Along with a collaborative shoot to embrace our TwinDollicious message of sibling love with new Spring/Summer release design of double the hearts. Perhaps with an infant design surprise.
Remember to take minute to think when hit with those small signs of distractions (ex:the black cat crossing)
PS if you’d like for us to share more on these topics comment below . MORE TO COME
As much a sweeping like to say that the past few weeks have been wake up, drink coffee (for mom), work on the beach it hasn’t. Thankfully we do have a good amount of weeks left for our “Beach Please” mode. But, this Summer has been marked as our reach out and touch more TwinDollicious friends Summer!
Our team goals are to be apart of our community, NOT to attend camp 😉😉 and reach families that enjoy sibling love, friendship and joy of fashionable keepsake clothing like our own. We have teamed up with great photographers, childrens magazines, vendor events and runway show organizers, all while making new friends. We will be happily sharing these collaborations with links to our social media for future events; if it’s of interest to you or someone you know (it’s great to help a friend) please contact or connect with us with any questions, or comment below.
To share the magazine collaboration that is available on magcloud check out the photos below:
V & K’s Valentine will be Taking them out on the town, so they’re on a hunt for the perfect gift for him (DAD)!
And, while they’re at it what shall they wear?
~Here are some of our love inspired and personal favorites