Another year of fun and we can’t believe that it’s already over! Twinsfest that is!
V & K truly enjoyed their time at twins fest this year; so much so they wished it would never end. We packed up our whole family including grandma for this adventure… through rain, across the mountains to Twinsburg, Ohio, where we rekindled with friends from as far as Australia to our home town of NY.
“TwinDollicious summer camp here we come” made it to our warehouse just in time to share the new story with all of our friends. They have been waiting for this sibling loved series and the next chapter of V & K’s adventures; and we were ecstatic to Share!
There are always amazing and interesting people attending the fest and this year Siamese twin brothers aged 65 attended for the first time. Though the brothers live pretty close by it was their first year attending.. They were happy to be there and happily took photos with other sets of multiples. Brothers Ronnie and Donnie are in the Guinness book of world record as of two years ago. They worked in the circus up until 1991 when schools would not allow them to attend. I’m pretty sure that all of the twins welcomed them to their happy place and made them feel at home so much so that they will make this an annual tradition for themselves as well.
Our little mascot enjoyed every bit of his first year at Twinsfest as well. He found a comfortable seat in the game day walk about while numerous chauffeurs towed him around and enjoyed their own test runs during the annual parade.
This year marks the first bbnyc Blogger bash NYC for Bash! It was quite different having a singleton on arm to mingle, meet new brands and learn all about the fun new products happening at sweet suite 17 but at the same time he was the perfect little personality to have accompany me.
We visited Zulily’s photo shoot booth; which included bubbles and fun photographers. http://www.zulily.com/ I love how they were able to be apart of suite sweet for everyone.
Now….. throughout this huge area at the piers we scope out some of our favorite things that I’d like to share.
1. ✨Simplay3 the brand that started tikes; ride alongs , durable amazing products have now started the next stage of baby gear. We are in love with everything featured at BBNYC (especially the helmet ride along) and know that there are more things to come. ✨ http://www.simplay3.com/
2. We had to visit V & K’s favorite snack pops booth http://www.yumearth.com/ we know that all sugar can be created equal but yum earths pops get a pass especially when they’re incorporating other nutritious snacks for your kiddies.
3. http://www.bixbee.com/ Was listed as one of the top choices to visit for bags and lunch boxes. I was so happy that we were able to visit them and learn more about their mission. Backpacks that embrace the imagination and give back.
4. http://www.kangaroomfg.com/ Was loaded with fun reps in butterfly floaters and emoji madness! We loved them so much we had to share with an unboxing clip.
5. Saving the best for last because as a mom of 3 you never know when you’re going to have to make your own anything or mend something quickly. This is where the 3doodler comes in. Three D Perfection!
We will be sharing more fun things that sweet suite had to offer! So much 2 share
We have some little scientists over here in our TwinDollicious world!
You can read more about science adventures played out by Violet and Kelly in the new release of “Summer camp here we come” http://www.twindollicious.com/books
For now watch how V & K have teamed up with Makers lab and the authors awesome book of 28 cool projects to DIY for kids and adults too https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZDqn5Mr7fEkYZfXrXkjMuQ
The girls had so much fun taking this marshmallow monster project recommended by Kim Kardashian to the next level by making smores… just to see if their little monsters were delicious and edible. The monsters passed the test!
The DIY was so easy and fun; it included 4 simple steps with minimal adult supervisikn for baking.. you need to watch, subscribe and try this for your next party or camping trip!
Summer days are meant to be spent at one of the best places on earth… the beach.
We love going to the beach to
– talk about mermaid landing rocks
– build Sand castles
– read books
We hope your Independence Day festivities include some time by the sea
What are some of the things that you like to do on the beach?
It has officially been a year since V & K asked to join gymnastics and hard work has paid off. These two dolls worked hard to learn all about what gymnastics has to offer up until the last day of meets. We are now at the point where a decision is needed to be made on whether they will join pre teams. We’d love to hear your thoughts?
They are 6 going on 7 and have been told numerous times that they have potential and the talent is clear. Though the girls do show differences in strength they truly enjoy tune with their friends and the cheering and support they receive and give to each other.
At their first meet they earned beautiful medals! They are so proud of hemselves and each other. As soon as we arrived home I thought it would be great to hang these beautiful things ; but where? We used Velcro Brand adhesives ( which we picked up at our local Michaels store).
The small sized Velcro square fit perfectly on the band of the medal. We simply found the perfect spot on the wall and hung them with pride… can’t wait for them to add more medals to their walls
What are distractions? Those things or situations that occur which keep us from completing our to do list. Or how about that life long plan you have TO TRY something new, start a new journey or take a trip that seems to be stopped by someone special or a job.
Can it be that We never take the time to acknowledge that these slight interruptions are in fact distractions. As an adult perhaps we forget but I’m pretty sure children all a cross the world are reminded when gazing offi n class that they’re being distracted….( It’s a number 1 teacher’s favorite). Any how with sticking to the topic; I’d like to share 3 lessons I’ve learned to help me understand and handle deadlines and surprise happening or behaviors in order to get the job done.
We recently shared our grandest addition which will arrive this summer. It hit me with such shock in the middle of a busy work schedule which included appearances, deadlines and freelance work with others, yet took me back to a place that I was in 6 years ago. A place where doubt had set in on the chance of ever having children and then V&K were here! BUT remember the dying desperation, asking and prayin… Those days and nights of long talks were not falling on deaf ears. The response was given yet when lease expected.
1. That number one rule to remember what you have asked for over and over again will receive a response; and usually after you’ve shown and proven that you can handle it. (Note: maybe a time when you’re overwhelmed).
2. Creating a deadline for yourself regarding work for others and yourselves is key. BUT the topper is allowing yourself enough time with your tasks that in between your work for others you can take a breather to visit your project. This allows you to remember your creative goals as well.
3. Take an organizational brake to manage your thoughts and connect with your team. It can be a partner, mentor, spouse or whom ever provides tha creative energy that allows you to help each other grow.
I’d like to share some of the creative outlets we’ve gained by following rule number 1. This barn yard entry way to embrace the upcoming nursery.
Along with a collaborative shoot to embrace our TwinDollicious message of sibling love with new Spring/Summer release design of double the hearts. Perhaps with an infant design surprise.
Remember to take minute to think when hit with those small signs of distractions (ex:the black cat crossing)
PS if you’d like for us to share more on these topics comment below . MORE TO COME
Some of the best moments in life are created in school. We meet great friends, experience our days as individuals finding our comforts, style and handling daily situations independently. This is why in school Author visit events are the most meaningful to me. When standing in front of 84 prek and kindergarten children it clearly feels like you’re given 45 minutes of their time to make the best impression of how important they are to you // as you are to them. The main focus while sharing stories from the TwinDollicious series is on embracing individuality, confidence and the meaningful important of great relationships with friends and siblings. After every visit; my wishes are that the impact has been made, because they are the future.